Pack a Shoebox
Find a shoebox
- Average-size cardboard or plastic shoebox.
- If you want to wrap it, cover the box and lid separately.
- You can also order pre-printed shoeboxes from the OCC website. CLICK HERE.
Decide if the box is going to be for a girl or a boy
- Once you decide, pick an age range: 2-4, 5-9, or 10-14.
Fill the shoebox with a gift(s)
- Pick a medium to large “wow” item, like a soccer ball with a pump or a stuffed animal, then add other fun toys, hygiene items, and/or school supplies.
- Checkout the Shoebox Gift Suggestions link
- Please, NO toothpaste or candy as these items are no longer allowed due to customs regulations.
- Pray over the shoebox and the child that will receive it.
Follow your box labels
- Go ahead and donate $9 online and get a label to “Follow Your Box” to see the destination of your shoebox. You can also download and print basic labels, just don’t forget to include your $9 donation for each box you donate.
- Bring your box to the Illinois Conference Office anytime between Nov. 11-Dec.13, 2019. We’re open Monday-Thursday, 9-5 pm. Take your box to the Youth Department located on the second floor, and once the Toy Drive is over we’ll take all OCC donations to a designated drop-off location.
Build a Shoebox Online
Maybe you love the idea of packing a shoebox, but you don’t have time to do the shopping and packing yourself. No problem! You can build a shoebox online in less than 5 minutes, and Operation Christmas Child will pack and send your shoebox for you for a suggested donation of $25. Click here to start building now!