If you are looking for an adventure filled weekend where you'll grow physically and spiritually you have come to the right place. Beyond the basics is geared towards Pathfinders & their friends. For those who are Pathfinders, the classes able to participate are Voyagers, Guides, TLT's, Master Guides & Staff. It will be a refreshing spiritual weekend you won't want to miss. We hope to see you there!
This year we'll be at Wisconsin River in Boscobel, WI. It will be a 2 day Canoe trip where we'll do 29 miles of canoeing.
Date: September 25-26, 2021
Location: Wisconsin River Outings
715 Wisconsin Ave, Boscobel, WI 53805
Registration: $55 per person
Onsite arrival time: 8:00 am on Saturday morning
All individuals must sleep in their own shelters, with the exception of those from the same household.
- We will be practicing social distancing, and following CDC and State guidelines as they pertain to COVID-19. Please plan to bring masks for moments where we will not be canoeing and are unable to socially distance.
Registration includes the use of a 17 ft river canoe (2 person/canoe. Please pre-plan your canoe partner), paddles, life jackets, campsite for Saturday night, transportation to the canoe trip departure point on the Wisconsin River (provided by WI River Outings), and 2021 BTB Patch.
- Worship and fellowship throughout the weekend.
- Water Survival
2021 BTB PACKING LIST
All individuals must sleep in their own shelters.
CAMPING EQUIPMENT TO BRING ON THE 2021 BEYOND THE BASISC CANOE TRIP /please notice the items that will not be allowed during this trip
Keep in mind, you will have space constraints as everything will need to fit in your canoe. Be sure to keep things dry by using dry bags, garbage bags, zip locks, and dry boxes.
No Tents will be allowed, instead Beyond the Basics participants will be required to build their own individual shelter/tent with a 10x12 tarp
No metal/plastic tent stakes will be allowed, instead every participant will be required to carve their own tent pegs during the trip
- Sleeping bag (lightweight)
- Sleeping Pad (but not required)
- Machete (1/canoe)
- Survival/Camping Folding Hand Saw
- Multipurpose Knife with tools: Never go camping without one
- Thermal Safety Blanket: It’s always good to be prepared
- Waterproof Matches (no lighters will be allowed)
- Zip Lock Bags
- Garbage Bags: These are the poor man's dry bags
- Cell Phone (pack in ziplock bag)
- 2 Gallons of Water per person
- Rope (1/4 Manila Rope/100 feet minimum)
- Duct Tape
- Individual First Aid Kit (add Sunblock & ChapStick)
- Biodegradable Toilet Paper
- Be sure to pack clothes for the type of conditions you will be facing during the day, the night, and on the water. You will need to pack things so that they stay dry
- Shoes for water
- Bathing Suit (bring a bathing suit to paddle in or to wear while swimming or bathing)
No Portable Stove of any kind will be allowed, instead you will be required to cook over the fire
- Cookware: Determine what you need based on the items you’ll be heating up
- Dry Food Bars: Plenty of Power Bars, Boulder Bars, and Granola Bars will get you through the trip
- No can food will be allowed, plan enough food for every meal