In addition to areas of responsibility mentioned below, the secretariat department is responsible for a variety of recordkeeping matters.
1. Human Resources
2. Membership Records
3. Constituency Meeting
The responsibilities of the Secretary of the Illinois Conference of Seventh-day Adventists include:
- Record keeping for Conference Session and Conference Executive Committee meetings.
- Processing of applications for retirement benefits.
- Maintaining accurate service records for employees.
- Caring for and processing statistical information for the Illinois Conference, Lake Union Conference, North American Division, and General Conference.
- Serving as chairman and member of various boards and committees within the Conference, and promoting continuity with the total denominational organizations and institutions.
- Being available for duties as assigned by the President.
- Being responsible for matters related to strategic planning and management.
- Developing a strategy for the Conference to enforce it in the Conference.
- Working closely with the President in strategic planning and management in fulfilling the mission, vision and values of the Conference.
- Coordinating and monitoring planning activities to promote successful achievement of the Conference's strategic plan goals.
The Conference Secretary works closely with the Conference President and Conference Treasurer in the management of the Conference, and reports to the Conference Executive Committee and the Constituency. The Secretary also counsels and cooperates with the Lake Union Conference, North American Division, and General Conference leadership (these represent three levels of church administration in the Seventh-day Adventist church).
John Grys, Executive Secretary
Nikki Quilatan, Administrative Assistant
Deborah Perez, Human Resources
Katerina Sokolies, Membership Clerk/Receptionist
NOTE: You may click on the picture of an individual in order to send e-mail to him or to her.