In addition to areas of responsibility mentioned below, the secretariat department deals with a variety of recordkeeping matters. Forms related to these areas can be found on their individual pages (click on the related categories).
1. General Information and Forms
2. Human Resources
3. Membership Records
4. Constituency Meeting
The Conference Constitution and Bylaws state: "The Secretary shall work under the direction of the Executive Committee and shall act as vice-chairman of the Executive Committee. It shall be the duty of the Secretary to keep the minutes of the Conference constituency meetings and of the Executive Committee meetings, to furnish copies of these minutes to all members of the Executive Committee and to the officers of the Lake Union Conference, to collect such data as may be desired by the President or by the Executive Committee, and to perform such other duties as usually pertain to the office."
The responsibilities of the Secretary of the Illinois Conference of Seventh-day Adventists include:
- Record keeping for Conference Session and Conference Executive Committee meetings.
- Processing of applications for retirement benefits.
- Maintaining accurate service records for employees.
- Caring for and processing statistical information for the Illinois Conference, Lake Union Conference, North American Division, and General Conference.
- Serving as chairman and member of various boards and committees within the Conference, and promoting continuity with the total denominational organizations and institutions.
- Being available for duties as assigned by the President.
- Being responsible for matters related to strategic planning and management.
- Developing a strategy for the Conference to enforce it in the Conference.
- Working closely with the President in strategic planning and management in fulfilling the mission, vision and values of the Conference.
- Coordinating and monitoring planning activities to promote successful achievement of the Conference's strategic plan goals.
The Conference Secretary works closely with the Conference President and Conference Treasurer in the management of the Conference, and reports to the Conference Executive Committee and the Constituency. The Secretary also counsels and cooperates with the Lake Union Conference, North American Division, and General Conference leadership (these represent three levels of church administration in the Seventh-day Adventist church).
John Grys, Executive Secretary/Vice President
"And whatever you do, whether in word or deed, do it all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through him." Colossians 3:17
Shona Cross, Administrative Assistant
"I know whom I have believed and am persuaded that he is able to keep that which I have committed unto him against day." 2 Timothy 1:12
Deborah Perez, Human Resources
When I said, 'My foot is slipping,' your unfailing love Lord, supported me. When anxiety was great within me, your consolation brought me joy.Psalm 94:18-19
Jamie Daum, Membership Clerk
"Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge him and He will make your paths straight." Proverbs 3, 5:6
NOTE: You may click on the picture of an individual in order to send e-mail to him or to her.